Israel 1991 5 new sheqalim Fr-38
This specimen was lot 1188 in Goldberg sale 116 (Los Angeles, June 2020), where it sold for $432. The catalog description noted, "Israel. 5 New Sheqalim, 1991. Dove and Cedar Tree. Choice Brilliant Proof." This type was accompanied by a gold new sheqel (KM 342), which were probably sold in sets. The coinage was reformed in 1985-86, with 1,000 sheqalim = one new sheqalim.
Recorded mintage: 2,000 proofs, Ottawa mint.
Specification: 8.64 g, 0.900 fine gold, 0.250 troy oz AGW, 22 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: Fr-38; KM-222.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 116: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2020.
- 1990 5 new sheqalim, Holyland Sites. Sea of Galilee
- 1990 10 new sheqalim, Archaeology. Ancient Hebrew Alphabet, menorah below
- 1991 new shequel, Dove and Cedar Tree
- 1991 10 new sheqalim, Immigrants and airplane
- 1992 new sheqel, roe deer and lily
- 1992 5 new sheqalim, Paralympic Games
- 1992 5 new sheqalim, the 150th Anniversary of B'nai Brith
- 1992 5 new sheqalim, Roe and Lily
- 1992 10 new sheqalim, Law in Israel, 44th anniversary of independence
- Coins and currency dated 1991