Israel 1990 5 new sheqalim Fr-35
This specimen was lot 1186 in Goldberg sale 116 (Los Angeles, June 2020), where it sold for $456. The catalog description noted, "Israel. 5 New Sheqalim, 1990. Holyland Sites. Sea of Galilee. Choice Brilliant Proof." This type was accompanied by a silver sheqel (KM 210), which were probably sold in sets. The coinage was reformed in 1985-86, with 1,000 sheqalim = one new sheqalim.
Recorded mintage: 1,935 proofs, Ottawa mint.
Specification: 8.64 g, 0.900 fine gold, 0.250 troy oz AGW, 22 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: Fr-35; KM-211.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 116: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2020.
- 1988 5 new sheqalim, Ruins of Caesarea
- 1988 10 new sheqalim, Israel's 40th Anniversary. Interior of the Knesset
- 1989 5 new sheqalim, Jaffa harbor, gold
- 1989 10 new sheqalim, Gazelle in forest
- 1990 10 new sheqalim, Archaeology. Ancient Hebrew Alphabet, menorah below
- 1991 5 new sheqalim, Dove and Cedar Tree
- 1991 10 new sheqalim, Immigrants and airplane
- Coins and currency dated 1990