Hupeh No Date (1902-05) 10 cash Y-120a.3
Hupeh Province is located in east-central China. The mint was active from the early Manchu dynasty, and adapted for modern coin mintage in 1895.
The first specimen shown was lot 21308 in Stack's Bowers April 2012 Hong Kong Auction (Sale #165), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, “CHINA. Hupeh. 10 Cash, ND (1902-05). NGC AU-58 BN. 清十文銅元5枚。 From the Collection of a Prominent Southern California Collector.”
Recorded mintage: 4,475,000.
Catalog reference: Y-120a.3; CCC-99; Duan-224.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Kann, Eduard. Illustrated Catalog of Chinese Coins, Vol. 1 of 3. Bronx, NY: Ishi Press International, 2006.
- Lin Gwo Ming, Illustrated Catalogue of Chinese Gold & Silver Coins: Ching and Republican Issues, Seventh Edition, Hong Kong: Ma Tak Wo Numismatic Co., Ltd., 2012.
- Ponterio, Richard, The April 2012 Hong Kong Auction, Sale #165, Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2012.
- (1902-05) 10 cash Y-120a.4
- (1902-1905) 10 cash Y-122
- (1902-05) 10 cash Y-122.1
- (1895-1905) 5 cents Y-123
- (1895-1907) 10 cents Y-124.1
- (1895-07) 20 cents Y-125.1
- (1895-1905) 50 cents Y-126
- (1895) 1 dollar Y-127.1
- 1904 (year 30) 1 tael Y-128.2
- Coins and currency dated 1902
- return to China, Hupeh Province