Hannover 1750-IBH thaler Dav-2102
"KURFÜRSTENTUM HANNOVER, Georg II. 1727-1760. Reichstaler 1750, Zellerfeld. Ausbeute der Grube Herzog August Friedrich Bleyfeld. Sehr schön. (Germany, electorate of Hannover, George II, 1727-60, thaler of 1750, Zellerfeld mint, on the duke August Frederick mine. Very fine.)"The Duchy of Brunswick was divided and subdivided in the seventeenth century but was eventually reassembled as the Kingdom of Hannover before being absorbed into Prussia in 1866. This mining thaler was issued 1750 and 1752; a similar thaler honoring the same mine is known from Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel (Dav-2167).
Recorded mintage: unknown but scarce.
Catalog reference: Müseler 10.6.3/28; Welter 2564, KM 312, Dav-2102.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Davenport, John S., German Talers, 1700-1800, 2nd Ed., London: Spink & Son, 1965.
- Künker Münzauktionen und Goldhandel, Catalog 263, The Friedrich Popken collection of gold and silver coinages | Coins and Medals from Medieval and Modern Times, a. o. the collection of Ernst Otto Horn, part III, Osnabrück: Fritz Rudolf Künker GmbH & Co., AG, 2015.
- 1745 "Goodness of the Lord" mining thaler
- 1745 "Lautenthal's Luck" mining thaler
- 1747-IBH ⅔ thaler
- 1750 "Cronenburg's Luck" mining thaler
- 1750 "White Swan" thaler
- 1750 4 goldgulden
- Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel 1750-IBH thaler Dav-2167 "Bleifeld"
- Coins and currency dated 1750
- return to coins of German States, Brunswick-Luneburg