Haiti 1973 200 gourdes
"HAITI, Republik 200 Gourdes 1973. Fussballweltmeisterschaft in Deutschland. Maskottchen Tip und Tap. Polierte Platte. FDC. (republic of Haiti, two hundred gourdes of 1973, World Cup in Germany, featuring mascots Tip and Tap. Choice Proof.)"The second specimen was part of lot 43251 in Stack's Bowers NYINC sale (New York, January 2019), which sold for $1,680. The catalog description noted, "HAITI. Nine Piece Proof Set, 1973. All BRILLIANT PROOF. 9 pieces in set. Like KM-PS12 with one additional piece (KM-110). 25 Gourdes (2), 50 Gourdes (2), 100 Gourdes, 200 Gourdes, 500 Gourdes (2), and 1,000 Gourdes. All with hard mirrored fields and frosted cameo devices, a few with faint haze in portions of the fields. All in clear cellophane holders as well as the original black display case with the Haitian Coat of Arms. Mintage of 1,250 in Proof, Set No. 0411. SOLD AS IS/NO RETURNS." This NCLT honoring the World Cup was accompanied by a silver fifty gourdes (KM 106) and twenty-five gourdes (KM 103).
Recorded mintage: 5,167 + 915 proofs.
Specification: 2.91 g, .900 fine gold, the first specimen 2.91 g.
Catalog reference: KM 108, Fr-25.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Richter, Jürg, Sincona sale 43, Gold and Silver Coins and Medals, Zurich: Sincona AG, 2017.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio, Matt Orsini and Cris Chatigny, The January 2019 NYINC Sale: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2018.
- 1973 25 gourdes, Christopher Columbus
- 1973 25 gourdes, World Cup
- 1973 50 gourdes, Intl. Women's Year
- 1973 50 gourdes, tourism
- 1973 100 gourdes, Christopher Columbus
- 1973 500 gourdes, Intl. Women's Year
- 1973 500 gourdes, tourism
- 1973 1000 gourdes, Baby Doc
- 1975 200 gourdes, Intl. Women's Year
- Coins and currency dated 1973
- return to coins of Haiti