Great Britain 2015 5 pounds Fr-561
This specimen was lot 40391 in Stack's Bowers NYINC sale (New York, January 2019), where it sold for $1,920. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. 5 Pounds, 2015. PCGS PROOF-70 DEEP CAMEO Gold Shield. Struck for the 50th Anniversary of the death of Winston Churchill with a mintage of 620 pieces. Flawless quality with an interesting up close depiction of Churchill on the side opposite Elizabeth II." This issue is not listed in the current edition of the SCWC so we don't know if this was issued in multiple formats like others in the series.
Recorded mintage: 620.
Specification: 39.94 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: Fr-561.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 2001-Date, 11th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio, Matt Orsini and Cris Chatigny, The January 2019 NYINC Sale: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2018.
- 2014 pound, 1/20 oz Britannia
- 2014 10 pounds, 1/10 oz Britannia
- 2014 25 pounds, ¼ oz Britannia
- 2014 50 pounds, ½ oz Britannia
- 2014 100 pounds, 1 oz Britannia
- 2016 5 pounds, centennial of the battle of the Somme
- 2016 5 pounds, centennial of Jack Cornwall's Victoria Cross
- 2016 5 pounds, centennial of the battle of Jutland
- 2016 5 pounds, marching
- 2016 5 pounds, trench warfare
- 2016 5 pounds, naval guns
- 2017 sovereign
- Coins and currency dated 2015
- return to coins of Great Britain