Great Britain 2013 5 pounds KM-1251
The first specimen was lot 70760 in Stack's Bowers Collector's Choice sale (Santa Ana, CA, May 2018), where it sold for $95. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. 5 Pounds, 2013. British Royal Mint. NGC PROOF-68 ULTRA CAMEO. Pistrucci's design. Struck to commemorate the birth of HRH George Alexander Louis, son of William and Katherine. Brilliant with hard mirrored fields with nicely frosted devices. No fog or tone." The second specimen was lot 70866 in Stack's Bowers Collector's Choice sale (Santa Ana, CA, February 2020), where it sold for $110. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. 5 Pounds, 2013. London Mint. NGC PROOF-69 Ultra Cameo. Featuring Pistrucci's design of St. George and the Dragon. A brilliant proof with hard mirrored fields and frosted cameo devices." Other five pounds for 2013 include KM-1242, -1247, -1249, -1250 and -1259.
Recorded mintage: 10,000, all proofs.
Specification: 28.28 g, .925 fine silver, 38.6 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM-1251.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 2001-Date, 13th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2018.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The May 2018 Collector's Choice Sale, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2018.
- Orsini, Matt, Richard Ponterio and Kyle Ponterio, The February 2020 Collector's Choice sale: World and Ancient Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2020.
- Great Britain 2012 5 pounds, countdown to the London Olympics
- 2013 10 pence
- 2014 pound, 1/20 oz Britannia
- 2014 10 pounds, 1/10 oz Britannia
- 2014 25 pounds, ¼ oz Britannia
- 2014 50 pounds, ½ oz Britannia
- 2014 100 pounds, 1 oz Britannia
- 2015 5 pounds, 50th anniversary of the death of Churchill
- Coins and currency dated 2013