Great Britain 2012 500 pounds KM-1235
This specimen was lot 2461 in Goldberg sale 110 (Los Angeles, June 2019), where it sold for $1,080. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. 500 Pounds, 2012. Struck by the Royal Mint. For the London 2012 Olympics. In presentation case. NGC graded In jumbo holder. Proof 70 Ultra Cameo." This enormous chunk of metal is one of hundreds issued by the Royal Mint in recent decades.
Recorded mintage: 2,012.
Specification: 1000 g, .999 fine silver, 32.117 ounces ASW, 100 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S.4920; KM-1235.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 2001-Date, 11th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 110: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2019.
- 2012 penny
- 2012 2 pence
- 2012 5 pence
- 2012 20 pence
- 2012 50 pence
- Great Britain 2012 1/4 sovereign, St. George and the dragon
- Great Britain 2012 1/2 sovereign, St. George and the dragon
- Great Britain 2012 sovereign, St. George and the dragon
- Great Britain 2012 2 pounds KM-1208 St. George and the dragon
- Great Britain 2012 5 pounds KM-1216 60th anniversary of reign
- 2012 10 pounds, London Olympic Games
- Coins and currency dated 2012