Great Britain 2006 pound
"GRANDE-BRETAGNE, Elisabeth II (1952-), AV 1 pound, 2006. Egyptian Arch Railway Bridge. Piéfort (19,62 g). Ecrin Flan poli. (Great Britain, Elizabeth II (1952-), piefort one pound of 2006, for the Egyptain Arch railway bridge, proof.)"The second specimen was part of lot 34109 in Heritage sale 3076 (Long Beach, CA, September 2019), which sold for $360. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain: Elizabeth II 13-Piece Certified silver Proof Set 2006 PCGS, ...11) Pound - PR69 Deep Cameo...." This one pound piece was issued to commemorate the construction of the Egyptian Arch railway bridge in Northern Ireland. The circulation issue was in nickel-brass while collector pieces were issued in gold and silver and priced accordingly. Note that the specification does not match that of the traditional gold sovereign, theoretically also a one pound coin.
Recorded mintage: 1,500 in gold, 20,000 in silver, 38,938,000 in nickel-brass.
Specification: 19.62 g, .917 fine gold, .578 troy oz AGW, 22.5 mm diameter, edge lettered DECUS ET TUTAMEN, designed by Ian Rank-Broadley.
Catalog reference: KM 1059a (silver), KM-1059b (gold).
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 2001-Date, 13th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2018.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Elsen, Philippe, et al., Vente Publique 126, Brussels: Jean Elsen et ses Fils, S.A., 2015.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano and Warren Tucker, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3076, featuring the Allen Moretti Swiss Collection and the James Mossman Collection of Canadian Coinage, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2019.
- 2005 gold pound
- 2006 Maundy penny
- 2006 Maundy tuppence
- 2006 Maundy threepence
- 2006 Maundy groat
- 2006 penny, struck in silver
- 2006 2 pence, struck in silver
- 2006 5 pence, struck in silver
- 2006 10 pence, struck in silver
- 2006 20 pence, struck in silver
- 2006 50 pence, struck in silver
- 2006 2 pounds, struck in silver
- 2006 5 pounds, queen's 80th Birthday, struck in silver and gold
- 2007 50 pence Boy Scout centennial
- 2010 penny
- Coins and currency dated 2006
- return to coins of Great Britain