Great Britain 1992 50 pence KM-963
This specimen was lot 21158 in Stack's Bowers ANA sale (Philadelphia, August 2018), where it sold for $840. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. 50 Pence, 1992. NGC PROOF-66 ULTRA CAMEO. KM-963b. Issued to commemorate the British presidency of the European Council of Ministers. The government thought this event was so important that this type was sold in copper-nickel, silver and gold (as here). Alluring as a heptagonal issue, with a tiny mark in the field above the queen's bust preventing a finer grade. 0.776 oz AGW."
Recorded mintage: KM 963 (copper-nickel): 109,000 + 100,000 proofs; KM 963a (silver) 35,000 proofs; KM 963b (gold) unknown.
Specification: KM 963 (13.50 g, copper-nickel, 30 mm diameter), KM 963a (.925 fine silver), KM 963b (26.32 g, .917 fine gold).
Catalog reference: KM 963 (copper-nickel), KM 963a (silver), KM 963b (gold) plus pieforts.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The August 2018 Philadelphia ANA Auction: World Coins and Selections from the El Dorado Collection of Colombian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2018.
- 1991 half sovereign
- 1991 sovereign
- 1991 2 pounds
- 1991 5 pounds, bare bust
- 1991 5 pounds, draped bust
- 1991 100 pounds, 1 oz gold Britannia
- 1993 10 pounds, 1/10 oz gold Britannia
- 1993 25 pounds, ¼ oz gold Britannia
- 1993 50 pounds, ½ oz gold Britannia
- 1993 100 pounds, 1 oz gold Britannia
- Coins and currency dated 1992
- return to coins of Great Britain