Great Britain 1984 5 pounds
"GROSSBRITANNIEN Elizabeth II. 1952- 5 Pounds 1984. 39,92 g. FDC aus Polierter Platte. (Great Britain, Elizabeth II (1952-) five pounds of 1984. Proof.)"This type was issued 1980-84 in small numbers and sold as bullion coins. The denomination has not circulated since the time of Edward VII (and probably not much even then). Other gold five pound types have been issued after this one (KM 945, KM 949, KM 958, KM 1003), all for sale to collectors.
Recorded mintage: 25,000 plus 8,000 proofs.
Specification: 39.94 g, .917 fine gold, 1.177 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Schl. 690.4. Fr-419; S-4202; KM 924.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Ponterio, Richard, and Kent Ponterio, Ponterio sale 152: The 2010 NYINC Auction, Irvine, CA: Bowers and Merena, 2009.
- Numismatic Coins, Medals & Banknotes: Auction 4, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2011.