Great Britain 1935 farthing
This specimen was lot 24393 in Heritage sale 3024 (Chicago, April 2013), where it sold for $940. The catalog description noted, "George V Proof Farthing 1935, PR65 RD NGC, boldly detailed and beautifully preserved. Very rare, Proof of Record." This type was issued 1926-36 and this date is common tho proofs are rare.
Recorded mintage: 2,227,000 plus a few proofs.
Specification: 2.8 g, bronze, 20 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S-4061, KM 825.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3024, featuring the Kairos and Elizabeth McPhall Charters Collections, Dallas: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2013.