Great Britain 1932 penny
This specimen was lot 1618 in Goldberg sale 116 (Los Angeles, June 2020), where it sold for $216. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Penny, 1932. George V. Uncirculated with an abundance of mint red. Deceptively rare in the highest grades. Uncirculated." This type was issued in large numbers 1928-36 but the proofs are rare.
Recorded mintage: 8,278,000 + proofs.
Specification: 9.40 g, bronze, 31 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S.4055; KM-838.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Freeman, Michael J., The Bronze Coinage of Great Britain, Rev. Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2006.
- Peck, C. Wilson, English Copper, Tin and Bronze Coins in the British Museum, 1558-1958, 2nd Ed., London: Oxford University Press, 1970.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 116: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2020.