Great Britain 1932 farthing
This specimen was lot 22505 in Stack's Bowers ANA Auction (Denver, CO, August 2017), where it sold for $763.75. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. Farthing, 1932. NGC PROOF-64 RB. Sharply struck with remarkable fields that are watery and attractive." This type was issued 1926-36 and this date is common tho proofs are rare.
Recorded mintage: 9,293,000 plus a few proofs.
Specification: 2.8 g, bronze, 20 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S-4061, KM 825.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The August 2017 Denver ANA Auction: Ancients, Selections from The Richard Stuart Collection & World Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017.