Great Britain 1928 6 pence
This specimen was lot 2172 in Goldberg sale 106 (Los Angeles, September 2018), where it sold for $42. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Sixpence, 1928. George V. PCGS graded MS-65." This type was struck 1927-36 in substantial numbers. It superseded a type struck 1911-27 with a different reverse (KM 828).
Recorded mintage: 23,123,000 plus proofs.
Specification: 2.82 g, .500 fine silver, .045 troy oz ASW, 19.5 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S.4040; KM-832.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 106: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2018.