Great Britain 1927 1/2 crown KM-835
This specimen was part of lot 28090 in Heritage sale 3022 (New York, January 2013), which sold for $998.75. The catalog description noted, "George V Proof Set 1927, uncertified 6 coins in red presentation case, all the coins original Gem Proofs with dappled iridescent golden gray toning, maybe a nick here or there but exceptional coins, the case choice as well." This type was struck 1927-36 in substantial numbers. It superseded a type struck 1911-26 with a different reverse (KM 818).
Recorded mintage: 15,000 proofs plus 6,838,000 of KM 830.
Specification: 14.13 g, .500 fine silver, .227 troy oz ASW, 32.3 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM 835, S-PS14, KM-PS20 (proof set).
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3021, featuring the Cecil Webster, Richard P. Ariagno and Elizabeth McPhall Charters Collection, Dallas: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2012.