Great Britain 1922 6 pence
This specimen was lot 2953 in Goldberg sale 91 (Los Angeles, June 2016), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Sixpence, 1922 Choice Unc. George V. Pristine mint state with pleasing surfaces. Choice Uncirculated." This type was struck in large numbers 1911-20, then reduced to .500 fine for 1920-25. A different reverse was used 1927-36.
Recorded mintage: 16,879,000, a common date.
Specification: 2.83 g, .500 fine silver, 19.5 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S.4024; ESC-1808; KM-815a.1.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 91: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2016.