Great Britain 1916 6 pence
ThThis specimen was lot 2163 in Goldberg sale 106 (Los Angeles, September 2018), where it sold for $156. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Sixpence, 1916. George V. Lovely toning. PCGS graded MS-66." This type was struck in large numbers 1911-20, then reduced to .500 fine for 1920-25. A different reverse was used 1928-36.
Recorded mintage: 22,207,000.
Specification: 2.82 g, .925 fine silver, 19.5 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S.4014; KM-815.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 106: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2018.