Great Britain 1911 sovereign
"George V. 1910-1936. Sovereign 1911, London. PCGS PR65. (kingdom of Great Britain, George V, 1910-36, sovereign of 1911, proof.)"Proof sets were issued for the first year of reign of the new king, George V, and were extensively saved. Proof sovereigns of this date are expensive but not rare.
Recorded mintage: 30,044,000 plus 3,764 proofs.
Specification: 7.99 g, .917 fine gold, 0.234 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM 820, Seaby 3996, Fr-404.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Richter, Jurg, Sincona Auction 51: Gold and Silver Coins and Medals; Coins and Medals from Switzerland, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2018.