Great Britain 1910 penny
This specimen was lot 2155 in Goldberg sale 106 (Los Angeles, September 2018), where it sold for $180. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Penny, 1910. Edward VII. PCGS graded MS-64 Red." This type was struck 1902-10 in substantial numbers.
Recorded mintage: 29,549,000, the most common date.
Specification: 9.4 g, bronze, 30.8 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM-794.2, Spink-3990.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 106: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2018.