Great Britain 1909 penny
This specimen was lot 1197 in Stephen Album sale 30 (Santa Rosa, CA, January 2018), where it sold for $105.75. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN: Edward VII, 1901-1910, AE penny, 1909, nice luster, NGC graded MS64 RD, ex Mike Edwards Collection." This type was struck 1902-10 in substantial numbers.
Recorded mintage: 19,617,000, a slightly better date.
Specification: 9.4 g, bronze, 30.8 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM-794.2, Spink-3990.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Album, Stephen, Joseph Lang, Paul Montz, Michael Barry and Norman Douglas Nicol, Auction 30, featuring the George Anderson Collection of Tibetan Coins, the Dr. John W. Lund Collection of Swedish Coins and the Mike Edwards Collection, Santa Rosa, CA: Stephen Album Rare Coins, Inc., 2018.