Great Britain 1909 half crown
This specimen was lot 33144 in Heritage sale 3064 (Chicago, April 2018), where it sold for $900. The catalog description noted, "Edward VII 1/2 Crown 1909 MS63 NGC. Lightly toned, with fine amber hues near the peripheries. This example seems only a hair's width away from the next grade up." This type was struck 1902-10 but the 1909 is expensive in high grade.
Recorded mintage: 3,052,000.
Specification: 14.14 g, .925 fine silver, 32.3 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM 802.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Cristiano Bierrenbach and Warren Tucker, Heritage World Coin Auction 3064, featuring the Doug Robins Collection of Canadian Tokens, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2018.