Great Britain 1909 florin
This specimen was lot 2585 in Goldberg sale 117 (Los Angeles, September 2020), where it sold for $144. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Florin, 1909. Edward VII. Strong detail on this scarce date. Practically uncirculated. PCGS graded About Uncirculated Details - Cleaned."
Recorded mintage: 3,483,000, a better date.
Specification: 11.31 g, 0.925 fine silver, 28.3 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S.3981; ESC-927; KM-801.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 117: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2020.