Great Britain 1909 6 pence
This specimen was lot 994 in UBS sale 84 (Basel, January 2010). The catalog description noted, "GROSSBRITANNIEN. Edward VII. 1901-1910. Sixpence 1909. Fast FDC (Great Britain, Edward VII, 1901-10, sixpence of 1909, nice Uncirculated)." This type was struck 1902-10. Unlike the larger silver denominations which were modernized, the reverse design carries over from Victorian issues.
Recorded mintage: 6,584,000.
Specification: 2.82 g, .925 fine silver, .089 troy oz ASW, 19.5 mm diameter, this specimen: 2.84 grams.
Catalog reference: S. 3983, KM 799.
- UBS Gold & Numismatics, Auction 84: Gold and Silver Coins, Basel, 2009.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.