Great Britain 1907 sovereign
This specimen was lot 33360 in Heritage sale 3049 (Long Beach, September 2016), where it sold for $1,410. The catalog description noted, "Edward VII gold Sovereign 1907 MS64 NGC. Dazzling golden luster defines this coin. Unusually choice for the type." This is the only sovereign issued for Edward VII and is common.
Recorded mintage: 18,459,000, a common date.
Specification: 4.48 g, .900 fine gold, 0.1296 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM 805.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Cristiano Bierrenbach, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World Coin Auction 3049, featuring the Ohio Valley Collection, the Redwood Collection and the F.P. Briand Collection, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2016.