Great Britain 1907 shilling
This specimen was lot 4368 in Goldberg sale 84 (Los Angeles, January 2015), where it sold for $399.50. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Shilling, 1907. Edward VII. Uncirculated with golden and green tone. NGC graded MS-65." This type was struck 1902-10 in substantial numbers but nice specimens are scarce.
Recorded mintage: 14,083,000.
Specification: 5.66 g, .925 fine silver, 23.5 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S.3982; ESC-1416; KM-800.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, Aleeza Brown, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 84: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2014.