Great Britain 1903 6 pence
This specimen was lot 3045 in Goldberg sale 98 (Los Angeles, June 2017), where it sold for $106.25. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Sixpence, 1903. Edward VII. Uncirculated." This type was struck 1902-10. Unlike the larger silver denominations which were modernized, the reverse design carries over from Victorian issues.
Recorded mintage: 5,411,000, a common date.
Specification: 2.82 g, .925 fine silver, .084 troy oz ASW, 19.5 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S.3983; ESC-1787; KM-799.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 98: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2017.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.