Great Britain 1900 half crown
This specimen was lot 22498 in Stack's Bowers ANA Auction (Denver, CO, August 2017), where it sold for $235. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. 1/2 Crown, 1900. PCGS MS-64 Secure Holder. Light iridescent tones of light amber and seafoam green with soft satin luster." This type was struck 1896-1901 and is reasonably common in circulated condition. Half a crown was two and a half shillings or thirty pence.
Recorded mintage: 4,479,000.
Specification: 14.14 g, .925 fine silver, .420 troy oz ASW.
Catalog reference: S-3938, KM 782.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The August 2017 Denver ANA Auction: Ancients, Selections from The Richard Stuart Collection & World Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017.