Great Britain 1899 crown
This specimen was lot 22764 in Heritage sale 3010 (Boston, August 2010), where it sold for $161. The catalog description noted, "Victoria Crown 1899, XF-AU with light rim bumps. LXII edge." This type was struck 1896-1901 and is reasonably common in circulated condition. A crown was five shillings or sixty pence.
Recorded mintage: 166,000 (LXII and LXIII edge).
Specification: 28.27 g, .925 fine silver, .840 troy oz ASW.
Catalog reference: S-3937, KM 783, Dav-108.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Tucker, Warren, Scott Cordry and John Kraljevich, Heritage Sale 3010: World Coins, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2010.