Great Britain 1899 1/2 sovereign
"Victoria, 1837-1901. Sovereign 1899, London. Old veiled bust. Vorzüglich-FDC. (kingdom of Great Britain, Victoria, 1837-1901, sovereign of 1899, London mint, old head. Extremely fine-uncirculated.)"This specimen is from a type was struck 1893-1901 in large numbers. A half sovereign was worth ten shillings.
Recorded mintage: 3,362,000.
Specification: 3.99 g, .917 fine gold, .117 troy oz AGW, the second specimen 3.98 g.
Catalog reference: S-3878; Fr-397; KM-784.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Ponterio, Richard, Ponterio sale 177: The August 2013 Chicago ANA Auction, World Coins, Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers, LLC, 2013.
- Richter, Jurg, Sincona Auction 54: Gold Coins and Medals, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2019.