Great Britain 1893 2 pounds
"Victoria, 1837-1901. 2 Pounds 1893, London. Selten in dieser Erhaltung. NGC MS64. (kingdom of Great Britain, Victoria, 1837-1901, two pounds of 1893, London mint. Rare in this condition.)"This type was struck only in 1893, the year the new "old head" was introduced. It has alway been expensive tho it is not rare as many were saved.
Recorded mintage: 53,000 plus 773 proofs.
Specification: 15.98 g, .917 fine gold, .470 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM 786, Seaby 3873, Fr-395.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Richter, Jurg, Sincona Auction 54: Gold Coins and Medals, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2019.