Great Britain 1891 penny
This specimen was part of lot 27766 in Heritage sale 3024 (Chicago, April 2013), which did not sell. The catalog description noted, "Charles II and Victoria, a curious 2-piece lot, uncertified, consisting of a Crown of Charles II 1679, VG, and a Victorian Bun Head Penny 1891, RB UNC." This type was struck 1860-74 at London and Heaton with a slightly modified obverse extending to 1894.
Recorded mintage: 17,886,000 plus proofs.
Specification: 8.8 g, bronze.
Catalog reference: KM 755.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3024, featuring the Kairos and Elizabeth McPhall Charters Collections, Dallas: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2013.