Great Britain 1887 half crown KM-756
"Victoria, 1837-1901. 1/2 Crown 1887, London. Young head. Sehr selten in dieser Erhaltung. (kingdom of Great Britain, Victoria, 1837-1901, half crown of 1887, London mint, young head. Very rare in this condition. NGC MS65.)"This type was struck for circulation 1874-87 and features the bust of the young queen Victoria. A similar bust was used 1839-50. The bust strongly resembles the one used on the crown but the half crown was issued in much larger numbers. The Jubilee bust for 1887 is much more available than the young head for 1887, probably because it was saved.
Recorded mintage: 1,438,000 including jubilee head (KM 764).
Specification: 14.138 g, .925 fine silver.
Catalog reference: KM 756, Seaby 3889.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Richter, Jurg, Sincona Auction 57: World Coins and Medals, Coins and Medals from Switzerland, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2019.
- 1886 half crown
- 1887 half penny
- 1887 penny
- 1887 shilling, young head
- 1887 threepence, Jubilee head
- 1887 sixpence, Jubilee head
- 1887 shilling, Jubilee head
- 1887 florin, Jubilee head
- 1887 half crown, Jubilee head
- 1887 double florin
- 1887 crown
- 1887 ½ sovereign
- 1887 sovereign
- 1887 2 pounds
- 1887 5 pounds
- Coins and currency dated 1887
- return to coins of Great Britain