Great Britain 1886 3 pence
"GROSSBRITANNIEN, Victoria, 1837-1901 3 Pence 1886. Vorzüglich-FDC. (Great Britain, queen Victoria (1837-1901), three pence of 1886, extremely fine to uncirculated.)"This threepence, roughly equal to a half dime, was struck 1838-87 and is common in all grades.
Recorded mintage: 6,157,000 plus 4,488 for the Maundy sets.
Specification: 1.41 g, .925 fine silver. This specimen 1.41 g.
Catalog reference: KM 730; S. 3914D.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Richter, Jürg, Ruedi Kunzmann and Arne Kirsch, Numismatic Coins & Medals, Auction 23, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2015.