Great Britain 1875-H farthing
This specimen was lot 2130 in Goldberg sale 106 (Los Angeles, September 2018), where it sold for $60. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Farthing, 1875-H. Victoria. PCGS graded MS-65 Red & Brown." This type was introduced in 1860 with a slightly modified obverse used 1874-95. Numerous varieties exist, some rare. The Heaton mint contributed farthings, halfpence and pence in 1874-76 and 1881-82.
Recorded mintage: 6,093,000.
Specification: 2.5 g, bronze, 20 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S.3959; KM-753.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 106: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2018.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.