Great Britain 1870 shilling
"GREAT BRITAIN, Königreich, Victoria, 1837-1901. Shilling 1870, London. Stempelnummer 4. Fast vorzüglich. (kingdom of Great Britain, Victoria, 1837-1901, shilling of 1870, London mint, die number 4. About extremely fine.)"This shilling was struck 1838-87 for circulation. This subtype, with die numbers, was issued 1867-79.
Recorded mintage: 1,467,000, a better date.
Specification: 5.65 g, .925 fine silver, this specimen 5.60 g.
Catalog reference: S-3906A, KM 734.2.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Richter, Jürg, Auction 47, World Coins and Medals, Coins and Medals from Switzerland, Zurich: Sincona AG, 2018.