Great Britain 1860 shilling
This specimen was lot 20986 in Heritage sale 3021 (New York, January 2013), where it sold for $1,410. The catalog description noted, "Victoria Shilling 1860, Young Head, MS66 PCGS, fully struck, superb with light golden gray toning. Rarer date. From The Kairos Collection." This shilling was struck 1838-87 for circulation. This is a slightly better date.
Recorded mintage: 1,671,000.
Specification: 5.65 g, .925 fine silver.
Catalog reference: S-3904, KM 734.1.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3021, featuring the Cecil Webster, Richard P. Ariagno and Elizabeth McPhall Charters Collection, Dallas: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2012.