Great Britain 1853 farthing
This specimen was lot 22943 in Stack's Bowers NYINC sale (New York, January 2018), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. Farthing, 1853/2. NGC EF-40 BN. Good strike with nice even brown surfaces. From the Brighton Collection." This farthing was struck 1838-60 and most dates are readily available in circulated condition tho this one is somewhat scarce.
Recorded mintage: 1,028,000, a somewhat scarce date.
Specification: 4.4 g, copper.
Catalog reference: S-3950; KM-725.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio, John Kraljevich and Cris Chatigny, The January 2018 NYINC Sale: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, featuring the Eldorado Collection of Colombian and Ecuadorian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- 1852 farthing
- Great Britain 1853 half penny
- Great Britain 1853 penny
- Great Britain 1853 penny KM-727 Maundy
- Great Britain 1853 2 pence Maundy
- Great Britain 1853 3 pence Maundy
- Great Britain 1853 4 pence KM-732 Maundy
- Great Britain 1853 6 pence
- Great Britain 1853 shilling
- Great Britain 1853 florin
- Great Britain 1853 half crown
- Great Britain 1853 crown
- Great Britain 1853 sovereign
- Coins and currency dated 1853