Great Britain 1852 6 pence
This specimen was lot 4276 in Goldberg sale 84 (Los Angeles, January 2015), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Sixpence, 1852. Victoria. Young head. Deep old multi-hued tones over sharp prooflike surfaces on this early Victorian piece. NGC graded MS-66." This sixpence was struck 1838-87 with various versions of the "young head" of the queen.
Recorded mintage: 905,000, a common date.
Specification: 2.82 g, .925 silver, 19.3 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: S.3908; ESC-1797 (R); KM-733.1.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, Aleeza Brown, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 84: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2014.