Great Britain 1836 shilling
This silver six pence was struck during the reign of William IV, king of Britain 1830-37. The type was struck 1831 and 1834-37 tho the 1831 is a proof only date. The type is not easy to find. This specimen was lot 1664 in Stack's Coin Galleries sale (Irvine, July 2011).
Recorded mintage: 3,568,000 plus proofs.
Specification: 5.65 g, .925 fine silver, .168 troy oz ASW.
Catalog reference: KM 713.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Van Valen, Frank, and Vicken Yegparian, The July 2011 Coin Galleries Sale, Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers Galleries, 2011.