Great Britain 1835 farthing
This specimen was lot 4269 in Goldberg sale 84 (Los Angeles, January 2015), where it sold for $117.50. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Farthing, 1835. William IV. NGC graded MS-62 Brown." Farthings were struck for William IV 1831 and 1834-37 and, surprisingly, priced about the same as "young head" farthings of queen Victoria.
Recorded mintage: 1,720,000.
Specification: 4.4 g, copper.
Catalog reference: S.3848; KM-705.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, Aleeza Brown, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 84: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2014.