Great Britain 1834 shilling
This specimen was lot 33060 in Heritage sale 3073 (Chicago, April 2019), where it sold for $336. The catalog description noted, "William IV Shilling 1834 MS63 NGC. Highly lustrous with light toning around the periphery. From the Lake County Collection." This type was struck 1831 and 1834-37 and is fairly available in circulated condition.
Recorded mintage: 3,223,000 plus proofs.
Specification: 5.65 g, .925 fine silver, reeded edge.
Catalog reference: KM 713, S-3835.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano and Warren Tucker, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3073, featuring the Lake County Collection of British coins, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2019.