Great Britain 1829 sovereign
This specimen was lot 24076 in Heritage sale 3020 (Long Beach, September 2012), where it sold for $3,818.75. The catalog description noted, "George IV gold Sovereign 1829, Bare Head, MS63 NGC, sharp details, satiny luster. Rare date in this series." This type was struck for George IV 1825-30 and despite substantial mintages, all the dates are scarce.
Recorded mintage: 2,445,000.
Specification: 7.98 g, .917 fine gold, .235 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: S-3801, KM 696.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Tucker, Warren, and Cris Bierrenbach, Heritage Signature Auction 3020: World Coins, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2012.