Great Britain 1827 1/3 farthing
This specimen was lot 30551 in Stack's Bowers ANA auction (Chicago, August 2014), where it sold for $146.88. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. 1/3 Farthing, 1827. NGC MS-64 BN." This is the only issue of the denomination for George IV. It was circulated in several of Britain's colonies.
Recorded mintage: unknown but not rare.
Catalog reference: KM 703.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Ponterio, Richard, The August 2014 Chicago ANA Auction: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, Featuring the David O'Harrow Collection, Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2014.