Great Britain 1820 crown
This specimen was lot 10427 in Ponterio sale 169 (Baltimore, November 2012), where it sold for $411. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. Crown, 1820. PCGS AU-50 Secure Holder." The type was struck 1818-20 and features the bust of George III, by then subject to the regency of his son the Prince of Wales.
Recorded mintage: 448,000.
Specification: 28.27 g, .925 fine silver, .841 troy oz ASW, designed by Pistrucci.
Catalog reference: S-3787; KM 675, Dav-103.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Ponterio, Richard, Ponterio sale 169: The November 2012 Baltimore Auction, Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers, LLC, 2012.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.