Great Britain 1819 crown
This coin was lot 9418 in Ponterio sale 150 (Los Angeles, August 2009), where it sold for $1,207.50. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. Crown, 1819 LIX. NGC MS-63." The type was struck 1818-20 and features the bust of George III, by then subject to the regency of his son the Prince of Wales.
Recorded mintage: 683,000.
Specification: 28.27 g, .925 fine silver, .841 troy oz ASW, designed by Pistrucci.
Catalog reference: S-3787; KM 675, Dav-103.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Ponterio, Richard, and Kent Ponterio, Ponterio sale 150: The 2009 Los Angeles ANA Auction, Irvine, CA: Bowers and Merena, 2009.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.