Great Britain 1750 1/2 crown
This specimen was lot 1061 in Ponterio sale 182 (New York, January 2014), where it sold for $1,410. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. 1/2 Crown, 1750. PCGS AU-58 Secure Holder. George II (1727-60). Dark toning." This half crown of George II is listed for 1746, 1750 and 1751. Other varieties are known for 1743-46.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 15.05 g, .925 fine silver.
Catalog reference: S-3696; KM-584.2.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Ponterio, Richard, Ponterio sale 182: The January 2014 NYINC Auction: World Coins, Irvine, CA: Stacks Bowers LLC.