Great Britain 1746 6 pence
"GROSSBRITANNIEN, George II. 1727-1760 Sixpence 1746. LIMA. Fast sehr schön-sehr schön. (kingdom of Great Britain, George II (1727-60), "LIMA" sixpence of 1746, choice very fine.)""LIMA" sixpences, shillings, half crowns and crowns were minted from silver seized from the Spanish by Captain (later Admiral) Anson in 1740-44. They are not rare but always popular.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 3.01 g, .925 fine silver, this specimen 2.96 g.
Catalog reference: Seaby 3710A, KM 582.3.
- Richter, Jürg, Ruedi Kunzmann and Arne Kirsch, Collection Fumatori, Auction 22, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2015.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.