Great Britain 1746 1/2 crown KM-584.3
This specimen was lot 33045 in Heritage sale 3064 (Chicago, April 2018), where it sold for $384. The catalog description noted, "George II "LIMA" 1/2 Crown 1746 AU58 PCGS. A very pleasing offering of this desirable and popular type minted from silver tak[en] by the British from Lima, Peru. Some adjustment marks across the Irish and Scottish shields on the reverse, but only add allure rather than detract. From the Jamestown Collection." The LIMA half crown is listed for 1745-46 only.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 15.05 g, .925 fine silver.
Catalog reference: KM 584.3, S-3695A.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Cristiano Bierrenbach and Warren Tucker, Heritage World Coin Auction 3064, featuring the Doug Robins Collection of Canadian Tokens, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2018.