Great Britain 1745 1/2 crown
This specimen was lot 1638 in Stack's Coin Galleries sale (Irvine, July 2011), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. Halfcrown, 1745. Old laureate mailed bust l., LIMA below identifying, bullion seized by Admiral Anson on his circumnavigation of the globe. Rv. Cruciform shields. Lightest circulation. EXTREMELY FINE." The LIMA half crown is listed for 1745-46 only.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: .925 fine silver.
Catalog reference: S-3695, KM 584.3.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Van Valen, Frank, and Vicken Yegparian, The July 2011 Coin Galleries Sale, Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers Galleries, 2011.